05 May 2009

fresh flowers

I was just shopping ProFlowers for some flowers to send to my mom on Mother's Day. Looking at the beautiful bouquets of colorful flowers, I was reminded that it's been too long since I bought some fresh flowers for myself and my own home. Fresh flowers are a simple gift to give yourself and really bring some life into a room. Place them around your house for a burst of color.

Orchids like these really stand out & almost become a piece of sculpture in a shabby chic room
{picture from Omnia Interiors}



On the breakfast table while serving to your family or house guests


On the edge of your tub to give you something beautiful to look at while relaxing
{pictures from eHow}


I love this example from Country Living. Using a tin pail as the vase gives the flowers a "fresh from the garden" look.



These wall-hanging vases from Stone Gifts are a unique way to add fresh flowers to a room!


Treat yourself by waking up to the aroma of fresh roses. Fresh flowers are a must for many bed & breakfasts, like this example here from the Kilpatrick Manor, shown on BedandBreakfast.com. Why not bring this 'hotel concept' to your own bedroom? Aren't we all looking for simple ways to make our bedrooms feel more like a vacation retreat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your feedback! :)